Posted Friday, June 28th 2013 @ 9am by Jim Donovan
The Syracuse school board made a number of administrative changes, including some promotions.
The board approved the following moves:
- Grant Middle School principal Dean DeSantis will become district director of operations for the district's Innovation Zone schools
- Andrew Taylor, from Ulster BOCES, replaces DeSantis as Grant principal
- Amanda Williams, vice-principal at Frazer K-8 school, will become principal at McKinley-Brighton Elementary
- Rria Castillo, an administrative intern and middle school dean at the Hamilton School District in Madison County, will become Seymour Elementary's vice-principal
- Lisa Garafalo, who had been Seymour's vice-principal, will become principal at the Westside Academy at Blodgett.
Everyone assumes their new positions on Monday.