According to SWNS Digital, we Americans really aren't keen about sharing stuff about our finances. I get it - I am incredibly private about stuff like income, taxes, investments, and the like. So how leery are we? Here's some fun results from a survey on the subject:
- 16 percent of Americans would rather sit and watch a steamy sex scene with their parents than sit and tell them about their biggest financial mistake.
- 32% would rather go to the DMV than work on a financial plan.
- 20% would rather spend an hour in jail than come up with a five-year financial plan.
- 34% would rather spend an hour in traffic than go over their money issues with a financial advisor.
- 26% would rather talk politics with somebody they disagree with than write a financial plan with a family member.
- 47% would rather drink orange juice after brushing their teeth than reveal their biggest money secret to a friend.
- 34% would rather post their most embarrassing photo of themselves on social media than post a screenshot of their account balances.
Just in case you wondered, I wouldn't do most of these things. But I might do 4, 5, and 6!
Photo - Getty Images