16yo Dies of Caffeine Overdose

 

An overdose of Caffeine killed a 16-year-old high student last month in South Carolina. 

Officials say Davis Cripe drank a large Diet Mountain Dew, a cafe latte and an energy drink, all within about two hours, causing his heart to stop.

More on this story here: USA Today

Do your kids drink energy drinks? I gotta tell you, as a vegetarian I'd rather my son eat steak than drink a single energy drink. 

The Air Force recently published a study basically saying energy drinks mess with your heart and can kill you (that study here: reuters).

I think we always assume things on the grocery store shelf are safe, but that's not always the case. Caffeine is, in fact, a drug. Too much of it is dangerous. 

I think too often we don't think about what goes into our kids' bodies. It's not because we're bad parents., Who thinks to themselves something like this is dangerous? Not most people.

I hope, though,m you will consider this unfortunate tragedy when it comes to what your kids consume. I know I will.

Pat McMahon

Pat McMahon

Want to know more about Pat McMahon? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on Y94! Read more

title

Content Goes Here