This one hits home for Julie, but at least she knows she's in the majority!! No matter how much preparation you do before becoming a parent, once that little one’s here most moms and dads realize they have no idea what they are doing.
A new survey finds:
- Two in three parents of infants admit they have no clue what they are doing.
- 68% of those parents with children one and under say they felt like they were just winging it in the first six months after their baby was born.
- But there are plenty of places new parents can go to for help when they feel clueless.
- The most common person they’ll go to is their pediatrician (54%), but they’ll also seek advice from
- Friends (45%)
- Online searches (43%)
- Of course, too much advice is never great, with 56% of parents saying all of this advice can be overwhelming.
- And when it comes to raising their infants, parents have all sorts of different priorities.
- The top priorities include:
- Caring for their emotional needs (73%)
- Making sure they get enough mental stimulation (66%)
- Being a good role model (64%)
- Finding time for them to socialize safely (61%)
- Tracking their development milestones (55%)
Read more --> SWNS Digital
Photo Credit: Getty Images