Once again our studio's kitchen countertop was covered in Steve Made goodness (badness?) today! A giant platter of S'more Brownies appeared for our snacking pleasure (distress?).
These multi-layer morsels are an ooey-gooey treat, perfect for a summer crowd when a fire pit and roasting sticks are not available!
I had one, but I definitely need S'more!
Graham crackers1/2 cup butter1 ounce unsweetened baker’s chocolate1/4 water1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder2 teaspoons vanilla1 cup granulated sugarpinch of salt2 eggs1/4 cup flour4.4 ounce Hershey’s milk chocolate bar, broken into 16 small sections1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallowsDirections:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Lay graham crackers in the bottom of the pan, breaking graham crackers into sections to cover entire bottom of pan.
2. In a medium size sauce pan on medium heat, add butter, baker’s chocolate and water. Whisk until melted, then add unsweetened cocoa, whisk until combined. Remove sauce pan from heat and whisk in vanilla, sugar and salt.
3. Let mixture cool for a about five minutes, then whisk in eggs one at a time. Whisking/beating each time for one to two minutes. Whisk in flour.
4. Pour mixture into the prepared 8-inch baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove pan from oven and add the Hershey’s chocolate bar sections to the top. Return to oven and bake for 10 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
5. Remove pan from oven and add the marshmallows to the top. Position oven rack to be about 6 to 8 inches from the broiling element. Set oven to broil, return pan to oven and broil for 20 to 25 seconds. Be careful browning occurs very fast and can burn the marshmallows.
6. Let brownies cool for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The marshmallows make it very sticky to cut the brownies into squares. I have found that using a sharp knife repeatedly dipped in water makes it much easier. ~Steve